International students have multiple accommodation options during their stay in Western Australia.
Residency Requirements for International Students
Whilst studying at the International School of Western Australia, CRICOS International students are required to live with a parent or legal guardian. The Australian Department of Home Affairs must be satisfied that appropriate welfare arrangements are in place for under-18 students before a visa is granted.
A student under 18 years-old must maintain suitable accommodation, support, and general welfare arrangements. Under 18 year-old students may stay with:
- A parent
- A person who has custody of the applicant
- A grandparent, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew, or a step-grandparent, step-brother, step-sister, step-aunt, step-uncle, step-niece or step-nephew
- Nominated by a parent of the applicant or a person who has custody of the applicant
- Aged at least 21; and
- Of good character.
If the welfare arrangements were to change, the parent or legal guardian has an obligation to advise the International School of Western Australia and the Department of Home Affairs. Any alternative welfare arrangements must be approved by the Department of Home Affairs.
The International School of Western Australia does not offer boarding accommodation facilities.
ISWA recommends the Australian Homestay Network for accommodation and welfare information. Australian Homestay Network (AHN) is Australia’s largest and leading homestay provider, delivering the highest quality homestay accommodation for international students.
Australian Homestay Network connects international students with Hosts, who provide a welcoming and safe living environment for students. Homestay offers a cultural exchange between a homestay host and a visiting international student who comes to live as a guest in their home while they are studying in Australia.
- AHN trained and certifid Hosts
- 24×7 emergency phone support
- Homestay insurance coverage for Students
- Supportive and secure environment
- A clean and furnished room
- Bathroom and laundry facilities
- Homestay utility costs
- Orientation and support
For more information please visit the Australian Homestay Network.