The Parent Association welcomes you to The International School of Western Australia for the new 2018/19 school year.
We are looking forward to meeting ‘old’ and new families in this very active and open-minded school. Everybody here has been through the challenge of starting over in either a new country, city or school, and we invite all of you to take advantage of our Parent Association network to settle in swiftly.
The Parent Association (PA) is active in many aspects of school life:
- It is a parent-run body that provides opportunities for parents, students and staff to mix socially.
- It is a group of parents who gather to set up a structure that enables the best possible exchange of information and communication in the ISWA community.
- We work closely and collaboratively with the school staff and run a number of events throughout the academic year such as Staff Appreciation Day, Harmony Day Lunch, Halloween, and Carnaval to which everyone is welcome. We also help out at the school events such as Sports & Swimming Carnivals, the School Ball, Graduation, and much more.
- We are actively involved in running the Used Uniform Shop, collaborating within the Library, and donating funds to support the social activities for the benefit of all students.
- Social groups are also organised by parents such as running, golf, yoga class, movie club, book club, and many more!
To help everybody connect, the PA is holding a meeting in the staff room at least once a term. Our first meeting wwas be held on August 9th 2018. Please come and join us to find out more and all the activities at The International School of Western Australia!
The PA has set up a list of Room Parents: each class has a Room Parent who will be holding parents’ coffee mornings and get-togethers where you can meet parents of your child’s classmates. The Room Parents will also be able to help you with other information, so do not hesitate to contact them!
The Parent Association now has its own SEQTA page where lots of information is posted. You will receive our weekly newsflash every Monday morning through SEQTA. We also have a PA pin board located in the hallway that will be updated on a weekly basis.
I would also like to welcome the new members of the PA Executives, and I am looking forward to be working with you this term. Our board is always open to new parents who would like to be part of it, please let us know! And to all parents, all offers of help, whatever time you can afford to give, are warmly welcomed.
Lastly, I would like to thank all the parents for their generosity and support in volunteering their time in all the events the PA organised last year. We wouldn’t have done it without you!
Looking forward to seeing all of you soon!
Priscille BROCART, PA President