Local Perth Students
Local Perth families make up an ever-increasing number of our student body.
Due to our outstanding academic results, nurturing educational environment, and supportive school community, we are often asked by local Perth families whether their children can attend our school, or if we are just for international families – the answer is YES.
Local families can, and do, attend The International School of Western Australia. We even offer discounted fees for local and self-funded families.
Local Perth families are enrolling at ISWA in increasing numbers because:
- more parents are looking for a progressive, co-educational environment for their children and an opportunity to benefit from the International Baccalaureate programme outside of the ‘elite’ school system
- local students love the diversity of the student body, and benefit from the genuinely global focus of our school, the emphasis on second language learning, and the ability to practice their second language with native speakers.
- they love our relaxed, climate-appropriate and inexpensive uniforms, that enable students to learn and play comfortably.
- the boutique size of our school leads to a country-school type atmosphere, where everyone knows and looks out for each other, the teachers know all the students, and students are friends with children across the year levels.
- our welcoming, inclusive, and highly sociable parent community ensures that both local and international families settle into our school quickly.
- of the choice of local and international academic pathways open to local senior school students and because of the one-on-one attention they receive from teachers.
ISWA is a truly unique school that celebrates individuality, whilst instilling in our students the values of tolerance, compassion and global awareness and understanding. We provide a truly world-class education, right here in City Beach.
“We put our children into some of the well-known traditional private schools here… and moved our 15-year-old daughter to ISWA…and our younger daughter…We haven’t looked back since. The difference is striking. From schools so big that they are organisations, where you barely know which person to make contact with, and where the people who are supposed to know your child barely know their name. To a small diverse school with a phenomenal sense of community, quality staff who truly care and small class sizes. It should be added that we have been very impressed with the IB programme, a learning method that seems better suited to real life challenges.”Ulrik and Lucia Jensen, ISWA parents (Year 8 and 11)