Student & Family Support
ISWA is a welcoming community, where we all band together to support our families from across the globe and make them feel at home here in Western Australia.
Our Parent Association helps greatly with getting our families settled in, and as a school we ensure we support our students’ home languages, offer English as a Second Language programs, and provide our families with information and support regarding visas, accommodation and recommendations to assist effective transition to Australia and support general student welfare.
English as a Second Language
At ISWA, English is the language of instruction. English as an Additional Language (EAL) classes are available to students who require support.
We understand that students enter our school at different ages and stages of English language learning and have various educational backgrounds in their home languages.
With better English language skills, new students find it easier to immerse themselves into school life. Without a doubt, this ensures a smoother transition into their new environment academically, socially, and emotionally.
Home Languages Support
We aim to support the maintenance and development of the home languages of our students.
ISWA actively supports our international students and their families during their time in Australia by assisting them to adjust to a new language, learning environment and culture. We value the variety of languages that are a part of our school.
We invite all of our students and families to take advantage of our Parent Association network to settle in swiftly.
Residency Requirements & Accommodation Options
There are residency requirements that apply to CRICOS International students outlined in the guide below. ISWA is always here to help with accommodation options for any of our families and individual students.
Our school understands the importance of services to assist effective transition to Australia and general student welfare, including CRICOS International Students who may be living in Australia unaccompanied by family.
ISWA recommends the following accredited service providers:
- Australian Homestay Network: Australian Homestay Network (AHN) is Australia’s largest and leading homestay provider, delivering the highest quality homestay accommodation for CRICOS International Students. Read more here: Accommodation Options.- link will open in a new window
- ISA Guardian and Welfare Services: CRICOS International Students can liaise with the independent organisations of ISA Guardian and Welfare Services. ISA specialises in the provision of security, assistance, advice, and advocacy to international students during their study time in Australia. They can act as a liaison for student welfare between AHN, ISWA, and the general community. For additional information click here- link will open in a new window.
- Australian Federal Government Study Support: The official Australian Government website for CRICOS international students is here- link will open in a new window. CRICOS International Students can search for courses, institutions and scholarships, read about studying and living in Australia, watch stories from other students, and learn about Australian education.
- Australian Federal Government Study Complaints Support: The official Australian Government agency for CRICOS International Students is the Commonwealth Ombudsman. Students can access advocacy and personal support for complaints and appeals about their private education provider from Commonwealth Ombudsman. For additional information, visit the Ombudsman Australian Government here- link will open in a new window.
- Community Links: Download a list of useful Western Australian services, which relate to emergency, health, safety and more – Emergency and Local Contacts.