The International School of Western Australia is operated by the Australian Association for International Education Incorporated, a not-for-profit association incorporated in the State of Western Australia.
All parents or guardians of students enrolled at the school are members of the Association.
The governing body, or Board of the Association, is comprised of up to 13 representatives of the Perth community who support the vision of the school. The Board's function is to ensure that the school fulfils its defined purpose of providing excellence in international education in a multicultural environment.
The Board is responsible for:
- Setting the strategic direction of the school while upholding its core values, in partnership with the Principal
- Overseeing the ongoing financial viability of the school, and the efficient management of funds, assets and operations
- Ensuring that a policy and compliance framework is in place to enable the school to achieve its goals, whilst at the same time complying with its legal obligations
- The appointment and performance management of the Principal and Business Manager
Board sub-committees in the areas of Governance and Finance/Facilities are in place and report regularly to the Board.
The current members of the ISWA Board include:
- Lance Perry (Chair/Community representative)
- Kim Edwards (Deputy Chair/Community representative)
- Tony O'Brien (Treasurer/Community representative)
- Ben Banwait (Secretary/Parent Representative)
- Jamil Al-Naser (Parent Representative)
- Caroline Aube (Parent Representative)
- Cass Edwards (Parent representative)
- João Segorbe (Parent representative)
- Geoff Stowe (Parent representative)