With families from all over the world, our Parent Association (PA) offers a warm welcome to everyone in the School community. Our network of parents provides friendly support to recently arrived families and ensures that everyone belongs.
Parent Social Clubs
The PA offers a variety of social opportunities, activities and gatherings for families to participate in such as running club, movie club, and more.
The PA volunteers support School celebrations such as the Athletics Carnival, the Art Expo, Welcome Sundowner, School Ball and more.
These meetings are a great opportunity for families to connect. The PA hosts one or more meetings each term at the School.
Executive PA and Class Parent Representatives
The mission of the Parent Association is to foster a culture of friendliness, tolerance and connection for all members of the ISWA community.
- Hospitality: To provide hospitality in a low profile, informal and welcoming manner
- Communication: To communicate effectively using person-to-person, electronic and written means where appropriate.
- Cooperative behaviour: To employ cooperative behaviours in line with ISWA policies, operations and spirit.
- Friendship: To maintain a friendly and non-bureaucratic approach.
- Goodwill: To encourage goodwill through community involvement with no commercial gain.
- Effectiveness: To continually seek to improve our effectiveness within the ISWA community
- Support: To collaborate with the school and help with the execution of activities that support students and promote social networking for parents and guardians
- To sustain a voluntary and social association of ISWA parents and guardians who welcome and support members.
- To increase and promote awareness of our association to ISWA staff and amongst all ISWA parents and guardians
- To foster a positive image of diversity, goodwill, community and friendship
- To encourage and support the creation of events and social clubs
- To encourage and support ISWA parents and guardians in forming bonds in Perth.
- To enhance our ‘hospitality’ function by providing information to families prior to and soon after arrival
- To act as a voice for the parent community and to serve as a liaison between parents, the school and the school board
How we do this
- Providing opportunities for parents, students and staff to interact through various social events
- Working closely and collaboratively with the school staff and organizing various events throughout the academic year. We also help out at school events such as Sports & Swimming Carnivals, the School Ball, Graduation, and much more.
- Being actively involved in running the Used Uniform Shop, collaborating within the Library, and donating funds to support social activities for the benefit of all students.
- Facilitating different PA clubs that are run by parents for parents.
The Parent Association now has its own private Facebook group page where lots of information is posted. You will receive our weekly newsflash every Monday morning via email.
Our executive team is always open to new parents who would like to get involved. Please let us know! And to all parents, all offers of help, whatever time you can afford to give, are warmly welcomed.
Looking forward to seeing all of you soon!
Arunaa Phalippou, PA President