Thank you for requesting information about the Scholarship process at ISWA.
Scholarships are merit-based awards providing a discount on school fees. They are public and based on academic excellence and general excellence qualities of a student.
Bursaries are provided to those students who without financial support could not afford to attend ISWA. They are confidential and provided to students who will make a positive contribution to the school.
- Academic Scholarship (excellent academic attainment)
- General Excellence Scholarships (high academic attainment and capacity to contribute to areas of school life such as sport, the arts, leadership, community service).
- Students enrolling in Year 6 to Year 11
- New and existing students
- Families who qualify for self-funded or company-funded or CRICOS International fee schedule
- Attainment of high academic results in a range of subjects together with outstanding learner profile habits (multiple A grades or equivalent); very high scores in standardised tests like NAPLAN.
- Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate how they will enrich the academic and broader culture of the school through their work ethic and attitude to learning.
Scholarship Application Package
- Application for Priority Placement and registration fee of $110
- Most recent two-semester school reports
- Recommendation by the current school, coach or tutor (template provided by ISWA)
- A written piece or other creative formats on “Why ISWA”? (consider our School values of international mindedness, open-mindedness, cultural mindedness and the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile ibo.org/benefits/learner-profile)
- Short-listed candidates can bring an e-portfolio (e.g. power-point) highlighting their key achievements to an interview
- Applications for scholarships will be welcomed at any time of the academic year.
- A Senior Academic Panel will review the application and short-list candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will participate in an interview with members of the Senior Academic Panel.
- Success interview candidates will be recommended to the Principal.
- 25%-50% reduction of the tuition fees only.
- Confirming fee reduction is pro-rated to match the scholarship offer.
- Fee reduction does not cover enrolment levies or other charges (e.g. excursions, camps, uniform).
- Scholarships will be awarded for the duration of the enrolment
The number of Scholarships available each academic year will depend on student enrolment numbers and the approved school budget for that academic year.
- Scholarships will be reviewed annually.
- Students will maintain academic progress, behaviours and attitude that meet the ISWA Student Code of Conduct.
- The student must remain enrolled at ISWA for a minimum of 18 months. A transfer to another school within the Perth region within 18 months of the Scholarship will result in an invoice to repay the full amount of the scholarship discount. Exemptions apply for relocation to a regional, inter-state or international location.