Applying for an Academic Scholarship
Listed below is a list of our criteria and conditions about the Scholarship process at the International School of Western Australia.
Academic Scholarships are offered in recognition of;
- Students enrolling in Year 6 to Year 11
- Attainment of high academic results
- Families who qualify for the self-funded fee schedule
Students may apply for an Academic Scholarship by sending through an e-portfolio including:
- information about student which addresses three or more of the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile; http://ibo.org/benefits/learner-profile
- information about education (e.g. school reports, NAPLAN results, as well as interesting project/activity recently completed)
- aspirations for future study, career and lifestyle (consider our School values of international mindedness, open-mindedness, cultural mindedness)
- explanation of why he/she will be a good role model for peers
The Academic Scholarship process involves the following;
- A Senior Academic Panel will review the e-portfolio and short-list candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will participate in an interview with members of the Senior Academic Panel.
- Success interview candidates will be recommended to the Principal.
- Academic Scholarships are to the value of a 20% reduction of the tuition fees only. Academic Scholarships do not cover any other fees the school may charge.
- The number of Academic Scholarships available each academic year will depend on student enrolment numbers and the approved school budget for that academic year.
- Scholarships applications must be submitted 13 weeks before the end of semester.
- Students awarded an Academic Scholarship must uphold a high academic standard and the school’s code of behaviour.
- Academic Scholarships are discretionary, with the Principal making the final decision.
Please start to plan this e-portfolio and send the final presentation to the Registrar. A presentation review date will be scheduled within two weeks of receipt of the e-portfolio. For more information, contact Megan DePiazz, via firstname.lastname@example.org.